Financial Aid Checklist
CHECK YOUR BAYLOR EMAIL and BEARWEB every week. All important financial aid information is communicated through these channels. Questions/Help: baylor.edu/sfs/contactus The Student Financial Aid Office contact information: Toll Free: 1-800-BAYLOR-U, option 8,2; Phone: 254-710-2611.
7 IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID REMINDERS:
- Check your email daily!!! Try to respond to ALL Financial Aid requests within 2-3 days.
- Fill out the FAFSA on-line (Free Application for Financial Student Aid.) Even, if you haven’t done your taxes, fill out the FAFSA. Baylor University’s FAFSA code is 003545.
NOTE: The suggested deadline is March 1st to have the FAFSA filled out. This is the priority funding date. Some programs are limited and funds may be expended even if you demonstrate financial need after this date. Fill it out no later than May 10th in order to allow enough processing time for determination of eligibility, for acceptance of awards, and for funds to be credited to your student account by the financial settlement date.
*If you are applying for the Spring semester and have not EVER filled out a FAFSA, the suggested deadline is October 1st.
- Once you have filled out your FAFSA, then wait on an email or physical mail with your Financial Aid Offer. Once you have the offer, then go on Bear Web, accept the offers under the financial aid page. Also, begin your loan process immediately.
- Approximately 1 to 2 months prior to the first day of classes, cashiers will send out an e-bill and invoice by physical mail to everyone who has registered.
- Any payment that’s going to be mailed in MUST BE RECEIVED in the Cashier's office in Waco BY THE DUE DATE.
If received after this date a late fee of $50 will apply until the 1st day of class. Beginning the first day of class, the late fee is $75.
- Any payments received after the date shown on the semester bill, will result in late fees and the possibility of your classes being dropped from the schedule. (Remember you can make payments online at onestop.web.baylor.edu/cost-payment/billing-process/view-bill)
- CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE EACH SEMESTER https://www.baylor.edu/bearweb
MAIL PAYMENTS TO:
One Bear Place # 97048
Waco, TX 76798-7048