Traditional BSN Track
Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing offers a pre-nursing curriculum that combines liberal arts with natural and behavioral science courses. Although many of our students take these prerequisites on the Baylor campus in Waco, Texas, a number of them come to the Dallas campus from other accredited colleges and universities to finish their upper-division coursework.
This full-time, two year program is intended for both students pursuing their first bachelor's degree, as well as those who would like to earn a second degree at a slower pace than FastBacc. Students have the option of completing their prerequisite courses on our main Baylor University campus in Waco or at another accredited college or university. The Traditional BSN track requires 60 hours of prerequisite courses
The curriculum is designed to provide learning experiences that will prepare the graduates to:
- Synthesize liberal education and Christian principles in safe, compassionate, professional nursing care.
- Practice as a professional nurse to facilitate human need fulfillment of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations across the lifespan in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Utilize the human needs framework and current evidence as a basis for professional nursing practice.
- Utilize information management systems to deliver, evaluate, and improve the safety and effectiveness of patient care.
- Demonstrate effective communication, collaboration, and care coordination as a member of the inter-professional health care team to improve health outcomes.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, moral, legal, and spiritual concepts into one's practice within a global environment.
- Synthesize leadership and management strategies in the delivery of health promotion and disease prevention at the individual and population level.
- Demonstrate understanding of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory standards on quality outcomes and nursing practice
Tuition and Financial Aid
Students admitted to LHSON may be eligible for financial aid assistance. Federal assistance in the form of student loans is available through the Baylor University Financial Aid Office. Federal student loans require completion of FAFSA by students at www.fafsa.ed.gov
For Tuition and Financial Aid Questions/Help please complete the inquiry form.
For students who plan to attend the Waco campus (Pre-Nursing):
- Kyle Pyron
Coordinator of Pre-Nursing Student Services
(254) 710-2226 or Kyle_Pyron@baylor.edu
For students directly transferring to the School of Nursing (Transfers):
- Please email BU_Nursing@baylor.edu or call 972-576-9224