The LHSON Store (food pantry)
The LHSON Store is the Nursing School's on-campus food pantry for students in Dallas. We understand financial struggles impact a student's access to food and their academic success. The LHSON Store provides students experiencing short or long-term financial hardship with access to food and personal hygiene products.
LHSON Store Items
Specific items may ebb and flow depending on use and stocking periods. However, in general the following kinds of items can be found:
- Proteins: eggs, cheese, canned tuna/chicken, frozen chicken or ground turkey/beef, Peanut Butter, nuts, beans, etc.
- Fruits/Veggies: fresh, canned and frozen fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Carbs: bread, rice, boxed rice, ramen noodles, pasta, crackers, etc.
- Meal Items: cereal, pasta sauce, microwavable meals, milk, muffin/pancake mix, rice/noodle meals
- Snack Items: pop tarts, granola bars, breakfast bars, peanut butter crackers, popcorn, yogurt
- Non-Food Items: feminine hygiene products, deodorant, shaving cream/razors, soap, shampoo/conditioner, pens/pencils and notepad
Support the LHSON Store
To give online to help support The Store follow these instructions:
- Visit https://www.baylor.edu/giving/
- On the middle, right click, on the “select a specific fund.”
- Under “Which Unit?” select Louise Herrington School of Nursing
- And the fund is called “The Nursing Relief Fund.”
If you have any questions about The Store please contact, Dr. Keith Wickliffe, Director of Student Services or for giving questions contact Janis Kovar, Senior Director of Development.
To learn about a similar resources on the Baylor University campus in Waco, click here.