Academic Support - Career Services
The Barnabas Success Center offers career services including resume reviews, mock interviews and interviewing tips. Students are encouraged to attend the various hospital presentations and recruiting events sponsored by the Barnabas Success Center. Special workshops are offered each semester, with topics including learning styles, writing in APA format, resume writing tips, test anxiety reduction techniques, and writing cover letters and thank you notes.
Career Services can assist students in their final semester at the Louise Herrington School of Nursing for permanent employment upon graduation, as well students wishing for part-time employment upon completion of their first semester. Any student wishing to apply for nurse positions should follow these simple guidelines on what to do:
Create your resume
- Attend the resume writing workshop offered at the beginning of every semester. If you are unable to attend this workshop, please review the Resume Writing PowerPoint presentation.
- Refine your resume by using action words
Apply for nursing positions
- Attend the Career Fair held every semester.
- Routinely check the nursing job links for any updates on job postings.
- Write a cover specific to the position.
Prepare for an Interview
- Practice answering sample interview question
- Dress for success
- Be sure to have your references available.
- Send a handwritten thank you note following you interview.
Be sure to check your Baylor University email routinely to learn about the various seminars and workshops being held each semester. For more individualized feedback, contact the Coordinator of Career Services to schedule an appointment.