The Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing offers three pathways to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
The Baylor Difference
- Our mission at LHSON is to prepare nurses within a Christian community, for professional practice, healthcare leadership and service to society.
- Our Christian faith is at the heart of nursing theory and practice. We believe nurses have been called to make a difference.
- LHSON's motto is Learn. Lead. Serve.® and we support Baylor's strategic vision, Pro Futuris, that reminds us that our past is inextricably linked to our future and that responsibility to God and to the world continues to lead us.
- We are located in downtown Dallas on the Baylor University Medical Center campus
- Our complex includes: student computer lab; spacious classrooms wired for multi-media, video presentations, and conferencing; study lounges, a Learning Resource Center and state-of-the-art human patient simulators
- Life-changing and career enhancing global mission trip experiences
This track (pre-nursing and nursing) is designed to be completed in four years - eight academic semesters. Prerequisite courses may be taken on the Baylor Waco campus or at another college or university.
This track is an academically rigorous twelve month accelerated curriculum designed for individuals who have completed a Bachelor's degree in a non-nursing discipline.
The post-baccalaureate accelerated BSN program is an intensive full-time program with a combination of teaching methodologies including on-line courses, clinical and lab experiences, and hybrid interactive learning courses.