Emily Fondren, DNP, RN, CNE
Clinical Assistant Professor
Doctor of Nursing Practice, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
Master of Science Nursing, University of North Alabama, Florence, AL
Bachelor of Science Nursing, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
Associate of Science Nursing, Mass Bay Comm. College, Wellesley Hills, MA
Bachelor of Arts History, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Work and Education
Dr. Emily Fondren is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing. She teaches for the Distance Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (DABSN) Program.
Dr. Fondren’s background includes both faculty nursing roles since 2011 and various patient care positions since 2003. Her educational instruction with students is informed by her experiences as a registered nurse in critical care, med-surg, organ and bone marrow transplant, hospice, and oncology.
Poster and Presentations
- Calloway, K., Collins, A., & Fondren, E. (2023, July 12). Transparent design in assignments to promote equity and student success. [Podium Presentation]. 2023 Nurse Educators Conference in the Rockies, Equity, Inclusivity, and Diversity, Breckenridge, CO.
- Fondren, E., Brown, B, Tucker, C. (2023, May 5). TILTing Nursing Assignments for Success (Virtual Conference Presentation). Moving Forward Together, TIRR Memorial Hermann 3rd Annual Nursing Symposium.
- Fondren, E., Ketcham, N., Brown, B., Calloway, K., Collins, A., & Butler, L. (2023, April 21). TILTing Nursing Education in Health Assessment with Recording [Virtual poster]. Reaching, Teaching, and Launching Nurses to Practice, Wisconsin League of Nursing 2023 Spring Conference.
- Fondren, E. (2018, May 3). Transitioning Newly Licensed Nurses into a Cardiac-Stepdown Unit. Poster Presentation at Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing Capstone Presentation, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Fondren, E. (2006). Mouth Care Protocol for Mucositis. Poster Presentation for American Society of Blood and Bone Transplant, Honolulu, HI.
Memberships in Professional Organizations:
2022 -Present: Sigma Theta Tau International, Eta Gamma Chapter
2018-2019: Sigma Theta Tau International, Gamma Eta Chapter
2022-Present, Member, Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
2022-Present, Faculty Marshal for Commencement
2022-Present: Social Media Lead Corinth Cross Country Team, Corinth, MS
2021-Present: Bible Drill Teacher, Frist Baptist Church, Corinth, MS
2014-2022: Women’s Bible Study Facilitator
2012-2018: Girl Ambassador Teacher, First Baptist Church, Corinth, MS
2006: Mission Trip Leader, Bolivian Mission Trip, La Paz, Bolivia, Trinity United Methodist Church, Homewood, AL