The DAISY Award
What is the DAISY Award?
The DAISY Foundation, as part of its service to the nursing profession’s role in patient care, established The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty and Nursing Students. The purpose of this program is to provide to colleges/schools of nursing a national recognition program they may use to demonstrate appreciation to nursing faculty members and nursing students for their commitment and inspirational influence in nursing. The Foundation hopes that, in some way, this program will contribute to a positive work environment for faculty in schools and the educational journey of nursing students.
Nursing Faculty members who are nominated for The DAISY Faculty Award exemplify the kind of faculty member that students, colleagues, staff and administrators recognize as an exemplary educator and a compassionate, supportive, and encouraging role model. These are individuals who have made an impact on their students, the students’ future patients, and the nursing profession. These faculty members consistently demonstrate genuine interest, kindness, and emotional investment in the lives of students, colleagues, and community.
Nursing Students who are nominated for The DAISY Student Award show above and beyond care and compassion for patients and families as they are learning. They are dedicated, motivated by compassion, genuinely caring, and adaptable. These students demonstrate not only the best clinical care but also impact patients, families, and their communities with dignity and kindness which are two tremendous assets to the art of nursing and healing.
How to Nominate an Extraordinary Nursing Faculty Member or Nursing Student
Students, faculty, LHSON alumni, clinical site affiliates, and staff members may nominate a deserving nursing faculty member or nursing student by filling out a nomination form below before the students graduation date (faculty will be recognized only at the spring graduation in May). The nomination period is as follows:
- Spring graduation - nominations for students and faculty due April 15
- Summer graduation - nomination for students due August 1
- Fall graduation - nomination for students due November 1
Nominations should describe how the nursing faculty member or nursing student fulfills the following ideals:
- Encourages the integration of Christian faith and learning
- Supports, encourages, and expects excellence in all undertakings
- Enriches the nursing school as a place for learning and community
- Demonstrates compassion, respect, and integrity
- Leads with humility and dedication
- Inspires others to serve with Christ-like attitude to promote others to success and health Click link to fill out nomination